This one-pot pasta dinner is simple, fresh, and healthy. Cooking the pasta right in the sauce saves time and cleanup while infusing the noodles with more flavor.
Prep / Cook Time: 30 minutesIngredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces whole-grain spaghetti or linguine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounce fresh spinach
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- Heat a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat.
- Add onion and garlic to pan, saute 3 minutes or until onion starts to brown
- Add tomatoes, stock, oregano, and pasta, in that order. Bring to a boil. Add noodles; stir to submerge in liquid.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 7 minutes or until pasta is almost done.
- Uncover; stir in salt. Add spinach in batches, stirring until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.