Pork chops vary in size and thickness, so adjust cooking times as necessary. Our recipe was made with 3/4” thick center cut pork loin chops at about 8 ounces each. If you’re cooking with thinner and smaller chops, reduce cooking time and check the chops earlier for doneness. You can cook these on a skillet and sear them first before you put them in the oven, which skips the broiler method in the end.
- 4 pork chops (we used 3/4” center cut loin chops, 8-ounces each)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or yellow mustard
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt or to taste
black pepper, to taste (preferably fresh cracked pepper)
- 1 pound small potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large carrots, cut into
bite sizedpieces or 1 cup small baby carrots, halved
- Minced parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Make the marinade: in large ziplock bag, combine 3 tablespoons of olive oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire, ketchup, onion powder, mustard, brown sugar and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Rub the bag between your hands to combine all the ingredients. Place pork chops in the bag and massage the marinade into the pork chops. Seal the bag and marinade the pork chops for at least 30 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes and carrots with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take pork chops out of the marinade bag and place on baking sheet. Add the potatoes and carrots on same baking sheet around the pork chops. Brush leftover marinade over the potatoes, carrots, and the pork chops.
- Bake the pork chops for 35-50 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked through or internal temperature reaches 145° F.
- Change the oven setting to “Broil” with the oven rack about 6-8 inches from the heating element. Broil the pork chops for about 3-7 minutes or until a nicely browned crust forms.
- Garnish with minced parsley, optional. Serve warm.