Prep Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 40 minutes
|12 whole chicken wings
1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons honey
|1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket with 1 inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove the tips of the wings and discard or save for making stock. Using kitchen shears, or a knife, separate the wings at the joint.
- Place the wings into the steamer basket, cover and reduce heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes. Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry.
- Lay the wings out on a cooking rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Perheat oven 425 degrees
- Replace the paper towels with parchment paper. Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Turn the wings over and cook another 20 minutes or until meat is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.
- During the last 20 minutes of cooking the chicken, place the orange juice concentrate, hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and red pepper flakes into a small sauce pan, stir to combine and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the mixture to about 1/2 cup, approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool at least 5 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and transfer to a large mixing bowl along with the glaze and toss to coat. Serve warm