Steak and Creamed Spinach Potatoes
5-6 pound beef eye round roast
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
1 tablespoon all-purposed flour
1 – 10 ounce box frozen chopped, thawed and squeeze
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 sprig rosemary
2 large Russet potatoes
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Season beef with salt and pepper
2. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable over medium heat oil and rosemary in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet. Add beef and cook, turning, until browned, about 8 minutes and drizzle with 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
3. Transfer beef to the oven; roast until a thermometer inserted into the center reaches 125 degrees F for medium rare, about 25 minutes. Transfer beef to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
4. Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave until tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. add shallot and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle in the floor and cook , stirring for 5 to 6 minutes.
6. Slowly add in the milk; cook, whisking until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
7. Stir in the spinach, sour cream with salt and pepper, simmer until warm, about 2 minutes.
8. Slice the beef, half the potatoes and fluff with a fork; top with creamed spinach. season with salt.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes